Developmental psychology, infant mental health, clinical social work.
We are built to be in relationships with others, but figuring out how to have healthy relationships with your loved ones can be difficult. My practice is devoted to helping families navigate the immense emotional and psychological challenges of marriage and parenthood.
Concerns about your baby or child:
- Developmental evaluations
- Frequent tantrums, acting out
- Sleep and feeding struggles
- Anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, self-harm
- Difficult and confusing behaviors
- Emotion coaching
- The effects of past and present trauma or stress
- The needs of an adopted or fostered child
- Difficulty making friends
- Autism concerns
Concerns about yourself:
- Changes in identity
- Feeling untethered and lost in the journey of parenthood
- Past and present abuse or neglect
- Miscarriage, abortion, or death of a child
- Ambivalence and fear around being a parent
- Achieving a close connection with your baby
- Returning to work and maintaining a career
Concerns about your family:
- Changes in family dynamics after a new baby
- Parenting after fertility challenges
- Siblings' adjustment to a new baby
- Anticipating or experiencing strains in your relationship with your partner
- Divorce and separation
Concerns about your marriage:
- Conflict around parenting styles and parenting roles
- Loss of physical and psychological intimacy
- Divorce and separation
individual and Family counseling
compassionate, tailored care in my private office or in your home
I use a variety of assessment tools and therapeutic methods to provide compassionate care that best meets the needs of each family. I offer school and home observations, parent coaching, and evidence-based practices.
Promoting First relationships
10 weeks of home visits for parents of infants age 0-12 months
Promoting First Relationships is an evidence-based strength-based 10-week program for first-time parents, or parents who are feeling like they need help understanding and connecting with their baby or toddler. This program can be offered to couples in their home or in my office.
Group therapy and group workshops
bringing Baby home
a 2-day workshop for expecting couples or couples with infants age 0-6 months
The Bringing Baby Home workshop, developed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman, is an evidence-based intensive program designed to help couples strengthen and nurture their relationships after having a baby.
Ravenna Office: 2012 NE 65th St, Seattle, WA 98115
Classroom: Kumon Learning Center of University Village, 2625 NE 46th St, Seattle, WA 98105
circle of security
8 weeks of group therapy for parents with children age 0-5 years
Circle of Security is designed for parents who are struggling with understanding their children's difficult behaviors. Groups of 3-6 parents meet weekly for 8 weeks to deepen and strengthen their relationships with their children.